Chemistry begins Track A, led off by Chen Wang, University of Colorado Boulder; Jon Scholte, University of Iowa; and Yang Jinliang, Tronly New Electronic Materials Cooperation. Electron Beam Technology for Packaging Applications is up next, with presenters including Im Rangwalla, Energy Sciences Inc.; David Biro, Sun Chemical; Steen Kreinbrink, Comet Group; and Todd Fayne, PepsiCo.
Raw Materials I follows lunch, with Allnex’s Jo Ann Arceneaux, James Aerykssen of Dymax Oligomers & Coatings and Michael Bailey, Sartomer Americas scheduled to talk. Track A closes with Raw Materials II, Speakers include Jonathan Shaw, Allnex; Alain Flores Centeno, Institute of Materials Research; Matt Terwillegar, Myriant Corporation; and Zheqin Theodore Yang, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Advances in Electron Beam Equipment and Applications opens Track B. Talks will be given by William Parish of Cleveland Steel Container, K. E. Swanson of PCT Engineered Systems, Mikhail Laksin of IdeOn LLC and Muslim Contractor of Collins Inkjet.
EHS & Regulatory is a session with important implications for energy curing. This program will include talks by Brigitte Lindner, RAHN USA Corp; Michael Idacavage, Colorado Photopolymer Solutions; and Rita Loof of RadTech.
Track B’s first afternoon session, Deep UV LED, should be a highlight. Deep UV LED features talks by Mike Kay of Excelitas, Haruyuki Okamura of Osaka Prefecture University and Rajul Randive and Leo J. Schowalter, Crystal IS.
Track B closes with a program on Equipment. This will include talks by Dr. Mike J. Idacavage of CPS; Joe May and Jim Raymont, EIT Instrument Markets; Brian S. Jasenak, Kopp Glass; and Jason Chen, Porex Corporation.
Special Sessions Track C features an excellent afternoon panel of Food Packaging, including Dr. Stephen Klump, Nestlé; Nick Ivory, Sun Chemical; Peter Walther, Siegwerk; Don Duncan, Wikoff Color; and George Misko, Keller and Heckman.
With all of the new technologies offered in the energy curing field, RadTech is an opportunity for companies to highlight their latest products, both on the exhibition floor as well as the New Product Debut.
New Product Debut I, the morning session, features the following talks:
• New Ebeam Systems: Shrinking Footprint, Growing Presence – Karl Swanson, PCT Engineered Systems
• New Raw Materials for UV LED’s & Other Applications – William Mahon, Miwon Specialty Chemical Co., Ltd.
• RHINO ArcLED UV: Breaking the LED Investment Paradigm – Brian Wenger, GEW, Inc.
• UVA, B, and C Glass Optics Designed to Increase Irradiance and Improve Uniformity – Brian Jasenak, Kopp Glass
• Nichia New High Power UV-LEDs – Daita Yahiro, Nichia
• New Plasma Surface Treater Technology – Ryan Schuelke, Enercon Industries
• RAHN’s Two New Versatile Polyether Acrylates – Michael Gould, RAHN USA Corp.
• A New and Versatile Waterborne UV Resin with Improved Stability – Oliver Nohr, Alberdingk Boley, Inc.
• New Leading Edge UV LED Lamps from Phoseon Technology in 2016 – Mike Higgins, Phoseon Technology
• Custom Synthesis of Photo-initiators for Specialty Applications – Mike Wyrostek, Hampford Research
• UV Inerting Chambers – Jim McCusker, Honle UV America, Inc
• Glass UV – Jim Creveling, Toyoda Gosei North America
New Product Debut II will be held this afternoon, and includes the following talks:
• Products for Special Effect Coatings and LED Curing - Scott Auger, Allnex
• Low VOC Decorative Coatings for Rigid Packaging - Diane Marret, Red Spot Paint & Varnish Co.
• Speedcure XKm - A Novel Phosphine Oxide Photoinitiator - Petr Sehnal, Lambson Limited UK
• New and Novel Materials for Radiation Curing - Steve Fields, Sartomer Americas
• AccuCure Multi-Wavelength Panel - John Morris, Digital Light Lab
• BASF Introduces SolyfastTM 0010 – A Photolatent Metal Ccatalyst that Enables Conventional 2K Urethane Coatings Cure with UV Energy - Syed Hasan, BASF Corporation
• EIT LED-R L395 Radiometer and PowerMAP II Radiometers - Jim Raymont, EIT LLC
• Characterizing UV Curing Reactions by Thermal Analysis – Blaine Weddle, Mettler-Toledo, LLC.