- Company Name:
KAPP-CHEMIE develops, produces and distributes specialized chemical products for the tissue industry.
Primarily aqueous flexographic printing inks and glues for tissue products such as toilet paper, kitchen rolls, personal care.
Technical Sales Manager North American
The Technical Sales Manager North America position will be responsible for executing our sales strategy for targeted markets. This role is expected to seek out new customers and business. Later on ensuring customers are getting the products and service that meet their needs and quality standards, while maintaining profitability for the Company.
To achieve this, they must have a thorough understanding of the products they sells - aqueous flexographic printing inks and glues for tissue products such as toilet paper, kitchen rolls, personal care. They must be able to show potential customers the benefit of buying the products and how they function. They must ensure any customer acquisition is carried out with a view to profit and succeed.
Sales & Strategy
- Analyze market needs and opportunities.
- Analyze how to penetrate desired market.
- Develop and execute a written marketing and growth plan focused on targeted markets.
- Research and network with potential clients. Qualify Prospects/Leads. Ensure smooth transition from
- prospect to customer.
- Represent the company at client facilities, business events, and trade shows.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to the assigned customers.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Provide written reports to the Managing Director and the Head of Sales.
- Communicate the needs of the customer back to the company with anticipated sales volumes.
- Recommends pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Submit Sample/Project Requests to the lab. Will participate in completing of projects.
- Conduct Production Trials onsite with the customer.
- Be knowledgeable about the customer to be able to answer questions on product make-up, pricing and order history.
- Review accounts for trends of all products purchased later by customer; contact customers to assess satisfaction and change in the company or their products; report losses and why they were lost.
- Review customer payments versus their payment terms; review order volume and samples; ensure everything requested of you has been followed up on and is complete.
- Routinely visit customers; review their product specifications and applications; get an understanding of what is happening in their facility and industry; ask about changes in products or people; follow-up on action items from visits within a week of visit.
- Pro-actively solve business problems that prevent us from achieving our sales targets.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, or related discipline or advanced degree.
- Minimum of 7 years’ sales experience in the industry preferred.
- Has demonstrated ability to influence others in a relevant area.
- Ability to interact at the highest levels of the company.
- Requires significant business travel (> 50%) mostly domestically.
- Excellent organizational, collaborative, and communication skills.
- Is self-motivated and has a strong work ethic, is proactive and has a sense of urgency, has a positive attitude, works well