Launched in 2016, India Packaging Awards acknowledge the best in pharmaceutical packaging industry for their efforts, contributions, and innovations. Excellence in Sustainable Packaging lauds initiatives that have led to development and manufacturing of eco-friendly and socially beneficial packaging.
Uflex has developed PET based Alu-Alu Laminate, a sustainable primary packaging material unlike conventional primary packaging material used in pharmaceutical industry. It replaces PVC and nylon with special PET film, providing excellence in sustainability by making the laminate eco-friendly and recyclable, thereby reducing waste disposal and landfills. Elimination of PVC from laminate structure potentially stops the release of chlorine into atmosphere from Alu-Alu laminates and reduces the harm to ozone.
It also provides 5C advantages:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Provides cost optimization as its raw material is indigenous, unlike conventional Alu-Alu where there is requirement to import PVC and nylon;
- Compliance: With regulatory requirements and barrier properties;
- Counterfeit Protection: Can be combined with various anti-counterfeiting technologies;
- Convenience: Compatible on existing machines and change parts;
- Communication: Provides excellent printing surface for better readability.