This year’s awards recognized inventions that embellish the printed image, extend inkjet printing into new markets, measure color in a better way, create laminated film for packaging applications, optimize print quality on corrugated substrates, facilitate the ordering of packages on eCommerce sites, manage omnichannel marketing campaigns, and control presses via mobile devices.
The 12 technologies selected to receive a 2018 InterTech Technology Award (listed alphabetically by company, with the technology named first):
• printQ 3D Packaging Design - CloudLab Sales & Management GmbH
• EFI Nozomi C18000 Press - EFI
• ScreenPro - Global Graphics Software
• Primefire 106 - Heidelberg
• HP Indigo Pack Ready Lamination - HP Inc.
• Rapida LiveApp - Koenig & Bauer
• Anti-Fluting Plate Technology for Corrugated - MacDermid Graphics Solutions
• JETvarnish 3D Web - MGI Digital Technology
• 4-Step Sleeking Process - Nobelus
• SpectroDens4 - Techkon
• Xerox Iridesse Production Press - Xerox Corporation
• Circle PersonalEffect Edition - XMPie, a Xerox Company
A listing of all of the technologies considered for the prestigious InterTech award is available at www.printing.org/intertech2018.
The awards will be presented to companies before an audience of industry leaders during the 2018 Premier Print Awards and InterTech Technology Awards Reception & Ceremony, Sept. 30 at the J.W. Marriott in Chicago.