Fine previously received NAPIM’s 2002 Award for Technical Achievement and the 2010 Printing Ink Pioneer Award. She served as president of the National Printing Ink Research Institute (NPIRI) from 2011 to 2014. In addition, Fine is the president-elect of RadTech.
Fine started her career in 1989 as a chemist for WR Grace. After serving as a technical service manager at Cabot Corporation, Fine founded Flexo Tech, Inc., a consulting organization which provided laboratory services, formulation development and training to the ink industry, focusing on water-based and UV-based inks. Fine is the holder of eight patents, and has been a technical advisor to Ink World magazine since its inception.
In addition, NAPIM presented seven Printing Ink Pioneer Awards during the ceremony. The honorees include:
• Michael Keegan, VP of sales, Paste Ink Division, Toyo Ink America.
• Joe Kelly, R&D director of liquid water-based inks, INX International.
• Robert Lu, COO, Ink Systems.
• Suresh Mahajan, president, Modern Printing Colors.
• Pete Notti, VP, Ink Systems.
• Tom Rogers, retired president and CEO, Apollo Colors.
• Greg Yoder, business director pressroom chemicals, Flint Group.