Avery Dennison Label and Packaging Materials will highlight numerous innovations that will expand business opportunities for converters at Labelexpo Americas 2014, Sept. 9-11 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL.
“Our booth’s theme of ‘Inspiring Innovations. Sustainable Growth.’ reflects our dedication to providing the best products for our customers and the environment,” said Darrell Hughes, vice president and general manager, Avery Dennison Materials Group North America. “Labelexpo is a showcase event that we use to introduce products and services that expand the use of pressure-sensitive materials and help our customers grow their business.”
Avery Dennison will showcase more than 15 innovations to the Americas, including:
• Tire Labeling Portfolio, which improves shelf appeal and tracking in challenging tire applications. The materials feature production-friendly gum patterns designed to eliminate oozing and increase conversion speed. The materials are already qualified at several large global end users.
• CleanFlake Portfolio, an expansion in the range of Avery Dennison’s material designed to advance the recycling of PET containers — which addresses supply imbalances of recycled PET (rPET) and improves cost. CleanFlake now includes Roll-Fed Sleeve constructions that provide excellent clarity, on-bottle coverage and better yields of PET materials at recyclers. Using a pound of rPET instead of new PET uses 84% less energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 71%.
• Select Solutions Collection, a comprehensive offering of 17 application-specific portfolios offering 300 possible Mix & Match constructions, all suited to meet the most unique labeling needs. This collection includes 427 products and counting, with lead times of 4 days or less and low minimum order quantities — from 0.5 to 1.8 million square inches.
• ClearCut S7450 Adhesive, a premium adhesive for labels of wine and spirits and non-alcoholic beverages. S7450’s wet-out performance allows for effective bonding between the film and the bottle’s surface, even with a high degree of surface imperfections.
These innovations and the others that Avery Dennison will feature are designed to drive growth for label converters in new market segments and new product areas.
“As competition expands, our innovations will deliver new business opportunities and a healthy bottom line for customers,” Hughes said.
Avery Dennison to Showcase Innovations at Labelexpo Americas 2014
Published July 18, 2014
Related Breaking News
- INX International to Highlight Food Packaging, Special Effects and Digital Printing at PACK EXPO
- EFI Acquires Polymeric Imaging's Thermoforming Ink Technology
- Launch of Gulf Coating Show 2015 Draws Worldwide Response
- HP Unveils Future of 3D Printing, Immersive Computing as Part of Blended Reality Vision
Related Online Exclusives