BASF will demonstrate how chemistry can enhance formulations in the printing and packaging industry at the 2012 National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers (NPIRI) Technical Conference, Oct. 16-18, in Itasca, IL.
“Our focus at NPIRI is to demonstrate BASF’s commitment to the printing and packaging industry and specifically to our customers, with whom we work to deliver versatile solutions, based on market needs,” said Rick Grandke, industry manager, Printing & Packaging, for BASF in North America.
“BASF values our relationships with our customers and we want to help them be more successful. The capabilities of our employees, products and technologies that support the printing and packaging industry are broad and diverse. By actively creating solutions together, ink and overprint varnish formulators can leverage the entire BASF technology portfolio,” said Grandke.
Visitors to the BASF display can meet BASF’s expert formulators to learn about solutions that deliver improved ink performance including:
• High color strength and opacity.
• Improved printability and low press-side maintenance.
• Optimum chroma, shade and color consistency.
BASF will offer the following product presentations during the tabletop displays and reception session beginning at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 16:
• Walt Taplin, technical group leader, Printing & Specialties, Pigments, will present “Graphitan Vintage Black – Free Your Creative Spirit!” and “Firemist Crystal Touch – The Sparkle Effect You Can Touch!”
• Kevin Milks, senior applications chemist, Printing & Packaging, Resins & Performance Additives, will present “Laroflex HS 9000, Novel Lamination Ink Technology.”
BASF’s team of experts will be available throughout the technical conference to discuss how the company can apply expertise in chemistry, applications and formulations to help customers accomplish their objectives.
BASF offers the printing and packaging industry a broad portfolio of resins, emulsion polymers, pigments and effect pigments, colorants, and specialty additives to meet specific applications and customer needs.
BASF will also launch the following products during the technical conference and share with customers and visitors how these new technologies can improve their ink and overprint varnish formulations:
• Laroflex HS 9000, an innovative resin solution technology for printing inks that enables high strength, high solids lamination inks.
• Firemist Crystal Touch, a new effect pigment technology for printing inks with a unique texture, and sparkle and matt effects.
• Graphitan Vintage Black, a unique pure-shade black matt effect pigment for printing inks that gives a metallic effect without the use of metals.