There are numerous areas of interest when it comes to technical issues surrounding UV and EB curing, and as always, RadTech’s Technical Conference covers in-depth coverage of many of these topics.
During today’s two concurrent sessions, Track A features Weathering & Exterior, Corrosion Resistant Coatings, Sustainability and Nanomaterials, while Track B covers Adhesives, Sealants, & Release Coating, Additives, Cutting Edge Applications and Measurement.
Weathering & Exterior
• “Radiation Curable Hardcoats with Improved Weathering Performance” –Jeanne Haubrich, Momentive Performance Materials.
• “Scratch and Abrasion Resistant UV Coatings: Various Approaches” – Ying Jun Du, Bomar Specialties.
• “UV Curable Polysiloxane-Acrylic Hybrid Resins” – Koji Uemura, Takashi Mukai and Teruki Kiyohara, DIC Corporation.
Corrosion Resistant Coatings
• “Radiation Curable Components and Their Use In Corrosion Resistant Applications” – William Schaeffer, Sartomer USA, LLC
• “UV Technology for High Performance Industrial Applications” – Ben Curatolo, Light Curable Coatings.
• “Mitigating Biofouling and Biocorrosion via UV-Curable Coatings” – Brian Cavitt, Abilene Christian University
• “Physical Vapor Deposition and UV Curable Coatings” – Jason Eich, Red Spot Paint and Varnish Company.
• “Study of Accelerated Natural Degradation on Pigmented UV/EB-Cured Print Inks” – Marcelo Augusto Goncalves Bardi, IPEN/CNEN-USP.
• “UV Curable Coatings, Another Option for Decorating Glass” – Meagan Farley, Red Spot Paint and Varnish
• “Electron Beam Curing: An Important Option for Sustainable Packaging” – Im Rangwalla, Energy Sciences Inc.
• “Epoxy-Graphene UV-Cured Nanocomposites” – Marco Sangermano, Politecnico di Torino.
• “Silica Nanoparticles with Functionalized Surface Chemistries for Improved UV Compatibility” – John Southwell, Nissan Chemical America Corporation.
• “UV/EB Curing of Nanocomposites for Enhancing the Functionality and Utility in the Coatings Industry” – Dr. Nik Ghazali Nik Salleh, Malaysian Nuclear Agency.
Adhesives, Sealants & Release Coatings
• “Thermal & UV Studies of the Effects of HMPSA and UV Silicone Release Based on Compositional Changes” – Gary Freelin, Evonik Goldschmidt Corporation.
• “Release Films: Accomplishments and Problems” – Igor V. Khudyakov, Solutia Inc. Performance Films.
• “Suitability of (Meth)acrylates for Use in Sealant Applications” – James Goodrich, Sartomer USA, LLC.
• “Benefits of High-Performance Ultrafine Polyamide Powders in UV Formulations” – Adrien Lapeyre, Arkema.
• “Enhanced Wear Protection of UV-Cured Clearcoats using Sub-Micron Aluminum Oxide Additives” – Dr. Roger Cayton, Nanophase Technologies Corporation
• “Novel Matting Agent for Low Gloss UV Coatings” – Maria Nargiello, Evonik Degussa Corporation.
Cutting Edge Applications
• Alan Jacobsen, HRL Laboratories, LLC, on the topic of “Architecting Materials Through a New UV Photopolymerization Technique” –
• UV/EB Curing Technologies for Textile: Innovative Applications” – Joana Branquinho, CeNTI, Centre for Nanotechnology and Smart Materials.
• “Printing Chemical, Biochemical and Biological Activities in Energy Curable Resins” – Dr. George Sadler, PROVE IT, LLC.
• “Heat-Resistant UV-Curable Clearcoat for Aircraft Exterior Use” – Richard Baird, The Boeing Company.
• “Effective Use of UV Radiometers and Radiachromic Films” – Dick Stowe, Fusion UV Systems, Inc.
• Measuring Volatiles from 1) Radiation-Curable Monomers, Oligomers and Blends and 2) Thin Coatings” – Robin E. Wright, 3M.
• “A Novel Approach to Low Energy Dosimetry” – Dr. Mark S. Driscoll, UV/EB Technology Center, SUNY ESF.