Market reports, industry professionals report a positive outlook for flexible packaging.
Anthony Locicero, Associate Editor05.18.20
Sustainability is becoming increasingly important to brand owners, including those in the flexible packaging space.
According to the Sustainable Packaging Coalition, sustainable packaging:
• Is beneficial, safe, and healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle.
• Meets market criteria for both performance and cost.
• Is sourced, manufactured, transported and recycled using renewable energy.
• Optimizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials.
• Is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices.
• Is made from materials that are healthy throughout the life cycle.
• Is physically designed to optimize materials and energy.
• Is effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial closed-loop cycles.
“Sustainability has become the keynote in developing the creation of new products and concepts inside flexible packaging,&rdquo
Continue reading this story and get 24/7 access to Covering the Printing Inks, Coatings and Allied Industries - Ink World for FREE
Ink World magazine has tracked the growth of the ink industry and its allied industries through years of changes, technology, evolution, consolidation and market development. No other magazine has been around for as long or covered as much of the global printing ink business. This website is dedicated to providing in-depth industry coverage and late-breaking news.
Already a subscriber? Login