International Paper is one of the world’s leading producers of fiber-based packaging, pulp and paper. We create packaging products that protect and promote goods, enable worldwide commerce and keep consumers safe; pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal hygiene products that promote health and wellness; and papers that facilitate education and communication.
Headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, International Paper employs more than 50,000 people worldwide and serves more than 25,000 customers in 150 countries.
Technical Service Representative
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Technical Service Representative II will work out of the Specialty Products Division located in Beaverton, Oregon. Specialty Products supplies water based flexographic printing inks and related services to corrugated packaging converters, bag manufacturers, and other flexographic printers, within International Paper and to outside customers. The ink lab provides color matching, technical service, formulation, and R&D services to our customers in order to help them produce high quality packaging products. The Technical Service Representative II reports to the Operations Manager.
- The Technical Service Representative II is responsible for providing technical service and assistance to our customers in the West Region with a Safety First mindset.
- Travel to customer locations for testing of new and existing inks on press, trouble shoot printing problems the customer may encounter, assist customers with controlling ink inventory, and provide technical feedback to the customer, sales representative, and the lab.
- Color matching and other lab functions performed in the lab while not traveling.
- Maintain current customer base as well as play an integral technical role in acquiring new customers will be central to the job.
- Work in a fast paced, team environment, and will need to be able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Approximately 25% overnight travel may apply and may include but not limited to out of state.
- 5 years minimum industry or related experience required.
- Candidates will have excellent press side technical and troubleshooting skills, color matching ability, inventory control skills, be detail oriented and have strong communication skills.
- Since heavy customer contact is required, the ability to communicate effectively and in a pleasant manner is essential.
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to service the customer is a must.
- Positive attitude, willingness to take on special projects, and initiative and excellent computer skills are necessary.
- Proven problem-solving to develop options and strategies for improved business results.
- Experience in a printing ink manufacturing or printing environment with press side technical skills required.