Each entry was judged on its own merit in a category with similar printed materials. Judging criteria included registration, crossovers, clarity and neatness, sharpness of halftones and line drawings, richness and tonal qualities of color, paper and ink selection, ink coverage, difficulty of printing, effective contrast or softness, finishing, bindery, and overall visual impact.
Ripon’s award-winning entries were:
- Best of Category – Elite Traveler, Magazine Series (pictured below);
- Best of Division – BVK-Funjet Vacations – Lookbook, Architectural/Art/Travel/Other Magazines;
- Best of Division – Sophisticated Weddings – New York Edition, Fashion/Health/Pop Culture Magazines (pictured below);
- Award of Excellence – Periscope – Arctic Cat 2020, Product Catalogs (4 or more colors);
- Award of Excellence – Col. Littleton 2019 Catalog, Product Catalogs (4 or more colors);
- Award of Excellence – One Step – Springfield Armory, Product/Service Catalogs (cover: sheetfed, interior: web);
- Award of Excellence – Trek Travel Catalog, Product Catalogs (4 or more colors);
- Award of Excellence – MTH Electric Trains 2019, Booklets (4 or more colors);
- Certificate of Merit – DuPont Registry – Keller Williams Luxury International, Digital Books
Best of Category winner Elite Traveler, Magazine Series, will automatically move on to the national Premier Print Awards competition sponsored by Printing Industries of America.