The new distribution of responsibilities, effective as of Jan. 1, 2019, is as follows:
• Dr. Martin Brudermüller, chairman of the Board of Executive Directors and CTO, Ressort I: Legal, Taxes, Insurance & Intellectual Property; Corporate Development; Corporate Communications & Government Relations; Senior Executive Human Resources; Investor Relations; Compliance; Corporate Technology & Operational Excellence; Innovation Management.
• Michael Heinz, industrial relations director, Ressort II: Engineering & Technical Expertise; Environmental Protection, Health & Safety; European Site & Verbund Management; Human Resources.
• Dr. Hans-Ulrich Engel, vice chairman of the Board of Executive Directors and CFO, Ressort III: Catalysts; Coatings; Oil & Gas; Finance; Procurement & Supply Chain Services; Digitalization & Information Services; Corporate Controlling; Corporate Audit.
• Dr. Markus Kamieth, Ressort IV: Care Chemicals; Dispersions & Pigments; Nutrition & Health; Performance Chemicals; Advanced Materials & Systems Research; BASF New Business; Region South America.
• Saori Dubourg, Ressort V: Agricultural Solutions; Construction Chemicals; Bioscience Research; Region Europe.
• Sanjeev Gandhi, Ressort VI, headquartered in Asia: Intermediates; Petrochemicals; Greater China & Functions Asia Pacific; South & East Asia, ASEAN & Australia/New Zealand.
• Wayne T. Smith, Ressort VII, headquartered in North America: Monomers; Performance Materials; Process Research & Chemical Engineering; Market & Business Development, Site & Verbund Management North America; Regional Functions & Country Platforms North America.
As of Jan. 1, 2019, the segments will each have two divisions, with the exception of the Agricultural Solutions segment, which will continue to comprise one division:
• Chemicals: Petrochemicals and Intermediates
• Materials: Performance Materials and Monomers
• Industrial Solutions: Dispersions & Pigments and Performance Chemicals
• Surface Technologies: Catalysts and Coatings
• Nutrition & Care: Care Chemicals and Nutrition & Health
• Agricultural Solutions