Highlights from this year’s report include:
- 100% of newly launched eligible Xerox products satisfied the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT®) and EPA ENERGY STAR® eco-labels;
- 100% of products and parts returned by customers at end-of-life, diverted from entering landfills. Instead, we remanufactured, reused, recycled, or provided the waste to suppliers who converted it into an energy source;
- 6% of the US employee population are military veterans;
- 9% of our total supplier spend is with small Tier I businesses, minority, woman or veteran-owned businesses;
- Employees provided 91,000 hours to local community involvement projects.
Xerox is announcing two new sustainability goals: reducing energy use by 25% and also by 2025, reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 25% from the 2016 baseline.
“Xerox is an iconic company driven by innovation, the smart investments that create the products and services to help our customers be more productive, profitable and sustainable,” said John Visentin, vice chairman and CEO, Xerox.