Cichon joined the ink industry in 1974. Cichon was previously the 1995 recipient of NAPIM President’s Award, the 1996 recipient of the NAPIM Award for Technical Achievement, the 2001 NAPIM Printing Ink Pioneer Award and served as NPIRI president in 2007-2008. He is also a long-time member of Ink World’s Editorial Advisory Board.
"This is fantastic," Cichon said. "I started in the ink industry in 1974 with the goal of getting two years of experience in the chemical industry, and 44 years later, I'm still with the same company. It's been a great ride."
In addition, NAPIM presented eight Printing Ink Pioneer Awards during the ceremony. The honorees include:
• Michael Brice, VP of offset operations, INX International Ink Company.
• Gene Cassidy, senior manager, corporate accounts, Lawter.
• Vic Dahleen, VP of sales and marketing, Central Ink Corporation.
• Jonathan Graunke, VP of R&D, director of energy curable systems, INX International Ink Company.
• Mark Hill, VP, assistant R&D director of liquid ink technology & service, INX International Ink Company.
• Kris Johansen, corporate environmental compliance manager, Toyo Ink America.
• Jim Leitch, CEO, Braden Sutphin Ink (and NAPIM’s new president).
• Pat Powers, commercial development manager, graphic arts, DSM Coatings Resins.
– By David Savastano