After 12 successful years on the Board of Executive Directors, Dr. Andreas Kreimeyer will retire with the expiration of his contract following the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting on April 30, 2015. He has been on the Board since 2003 and research executive director since 2008. Dr. Martin Brudermüller, vice chairman of the Board of Executive Directors, will take over this role following the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting.
Following these changes, the Board of Executive Directors has decided to redistribute its responsibilities effective May 1, 2015:
• Dr. Kurt Bock, chairman, Ressort I: Legal, Taxes & Insurance; Strategic Planning & Controlling; Communications & Government Relations; Global Executive Human Resources; Investor Relations; Compliance.
• Margret Suckale, Industrial Relations Director, Ressort II: Human Resources; Engineering & Maintenance; Environment, Health & Safety; European Site & Verbund Management.
• Dr. Hans-Ulrich Engel, CFO, Ressort III: Oil & Gas, Finance, Procurement, Information Services & Supply Chain Operations, Corporate Controlling, Corporate Audit.
• Michael Heinz, Ressort IV: Dispersions & Pigments, Care Chemicals, Nutrition & Health, Performance Chemicals, South America, Advanced Materials & Systems Research.
• Dr. Harald Schwager, Ressort V: Crop Protection, Construction Chemicals, Europe, Bioscience Research.
• Dr. Martin Brudermüller, vice chairman and research executive director, Ressort VI: Intermediates, Monomers, Petrochemicals, Process Research & Chemical Engineering, Corporate Technology & Operational Excellence, BASF New Business.
• Wayne T. Smith, Ressort VII located in North America: Catalysts, Coatings, Performance Materials, Market & Business Development North America, Regional Functions North America.
• Sanjeev Gandhi, Ressort VIII located in Asia: Greater China & Functions Asia Pacific; South & East Asia, ASEAN & ANZ.