Having received Product of the Year Awards for both its dye sublimation inks and printers, this year Sawgrass was awarded 2019 Product of the Year Award for Media - Dye Sub transfer paper for its True Pix CLASSIC paper.
“We are incredibly honored that our True Pix CLASSIC paper has earned an SGIA Product of the Year Award for the second year in a row,” said Sawgrass president Darcy Mauro. “Having yet another key element of our solution be recognized for its quality and innova-tion exemplifies our commitment to empowering businesses to grow with unparalleled sublimation printing applications that simultaneously deliver the outstanding color, clarity and value that drive sales success.”
Sawgrass prides itself on engineering best in class individual elements of its system: the printers, inks, software and paper which over the past years have been recognized by the SGIA with Product of Year Awards. But it also excels at carefully configuring these ‘parts’ to all work seamlessly together to deliver unmatched reliability and consistent color for product decorators to achieve professional results every time.
The Sawgrass Product Decorating Solution comprises:
• A Sawgrass desktop sublimation printer: Users have a choice of three sublimation print-ers depending upon their needs: the super compact SG400; the SG800; and the VJ 628, a previous Product of the Year Award winner as the world’s first fully-integrated, 25” 8-color, desktop sublimation printer;
• A full set of Sawgrass Dye Sublimation Inks: Users can choose SubliJet HD, specially for-mulated sublimation ink optimized for use with Sawgrass printers, or EasySubli sublima-tion ink set developed with Siser to work with EasySubli vinyl enabling sublimation on cot-ton and dark-colored polyester fabrics;
• Virtuoso Print Manager, Sawgrass’ print and color management software;
• CreativeStudio Online Designer: Created specifically for sublimation, free access is available with the purchase of a Sawgrass system and includes a wide selection of print-ready designs, images and an extensive library of the most popular substrate product templates. A premium version is also available with new print-ready designs added weekly;
• Sublimation Transfer Paper: True Pix CLASSIC paper, which is perfect for use on both hard and soft substrates and is considered a “smart” transfer paper as dye solids begin to sublimate later than with other papers, which give the substrate time to expand before color transfer takes place;
• Setup and Support: Sawgrass offers real-time multilingual telephone and email support and an extensive library of resources.
Siser EasySubli Inks received the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association’s (SGIA) 2019 Product of the Year Award for Digital Inks – Textile (under 24 inches wide.).
“Sublimating on cotton and dark-colored polyester has always been a challenge, so we worked with Siser for more than a year to bring this new solution to entrepreneurs and corporate businesses in the product decorating sector and we are thrilled with the results, including this win,” Mauro said.