The company’s haul included two gold, one silver, three bronze, four highly commended and one special award. The Packaging Star of the Year award went to Smurfit Kappa Designer Carolann Butler for her “Touch Box” pack for electrical heating units. The 100% recyclable pack eliminates the need for plastic bubble wrap and was described as a “perfect pack for eCommerce” by the judges.
“This really shows our drive for continuously innovating through design and material, resulting in the creation of the best possible solutions for our customers. Huge congratulations to all the design teams involved,” Eddie Fellows, CEO of Smurfit Kappa UK, said.
• Packaging Star of the Year: Carolann Butler (Smurfit Kapp Peterborough)
• Gold Award: Ideal Boilers electrical heating unit eCommerce pack
• Gold Award: Cadbury’s 5-a-side display stand
• Silver Award: SuperStar Components bike pedal eCommerce pack
• Bronze Award: Chivas transit pack
• Bronze Award: Batiste dry shampoo shelf-ready pack
• Bronze Award: Esse stove online shipper pack
• Highly Commended: Brockmans Gin gift pack
• Highly Commended: Davida Motorcycle helmet pack
• Highly Commended: Argos Weatherproof shipper
• Highly Commended: Richmond Sausages shelf-ready pack