Attendees can improve their skills and knowledge of printing ink formulation, performance, and testing at this unique in-depth course, which covers the fundamentals first, then moves on to more advanced topics and is designed to support the needs of both technical (formulators, in-plants, chemists) and non-technical (sales, support personnel, anyone new to the industry) staff.
Program Topics include:
• Lithographic Print Process
• Litho Paste Ink Composition
• Energy Curable Paste Inks
• Substrates: Paper Properties and Printability
• Fountain Solution and Press Room Chemicals
• Principles of Rheology and Practical Applications
• Organic/Inorganic Pigments, Metallic and Special Effect Colorants
• Regulatory Overview for Ink Manufacturers
• Fundamentals of Carbon Black
• Introduction to Color Matching and Color Management
• Flexo and Gravure Water Based Ink
Attendees can get hands-on experience with printing presses to help maximize productivity and improve their skills.:
• Offset Press Demo
• Viscosity Demo
• Printability and Proofing Demo
• Inkometer Tack Measurements Demo
• Digital Press Demo
• Proofing and Printability Demo
Subject matter experts include representatives from Allnex, BASF Corporation, Cabot Corporation, Clemson University, Eastman Kodak Company, Harper Corporation of America, IGT Testing Systems Inc., INX International Ink Co., US Polymers, Inksolutions LLC, Kershaw Instrumentation Inc., Kustom Group, Lubrizol Advanced Materials Inc., NAPIM, Sun Chemical Corporation/North American Inks and Verso Corporation.
For more information, contact NAPIM at www.napim.org or click here.