“From retort pouches and roll stock to quad-seal and woven polypropylene bags, ProAmpac has a ‘petfolio’ of products that deliver high-performance and value to the pet food market,” said market manager Julie Conklin, at the April 23-25 Petfood Forum 2018 in the Kansas City Convention Center.
“Pet Food is itself a growing and dynamic industry. It has been exhibiting strong rates of growth, attracting significant new investment, and meeting the demands of new, more engaged and demanding consumers who increasingly relate to their pets as members of the family,” said Adam Grose, chief commercial pfficer.
For pet food manufacturers and processors, ProAmpac is a major —and growing—resource for:
• Capabilities that include advanced extrusion and adhesive lamination, pouch and bag converting, award-winning graphics and printing, innovative package design and leading-edge materials science and technology.
• Rapid product development through Collaborative Innovation. “We are driving collaboration internally, by drawing on our product development teams, our corporate innovation team and our technical service engineers, and externally by partnering our development people with their counterparts in customer organizations,” said Grose.
Full-suite of flexible-packaging products.
ProAmpac’s portfolio of pet products offers speed to market, durability and flexibility:
- PRO-DURA CLASSIC dry food packaging (11-50 lb. capacity) in classic, woven polypropylene bags offering excellent durability and flexibility with award-winning HD Flexo graphics; PRO DURA PREMIUM adding a premium feel, smooth exterior finish similar to laminate bags (also 11-50 lb.); and new PRO DURA MINI, the first woven bag for smaller portions and portability (3 -10 lb.);
- QUADFLEX (3-40 lb. capacity), premium pet food solution for dry food, treats and more, providing seals on four sides, with exceptional shape, strength and shelf presence. It has options for a flat bottom, pinch bottom, fold-over bottom; HD Flexo printing, with a soft matte, matte and gloss finishes; and easy-open and re-close options;
- PRO-POUCH for wet or dry food (3 oz.+ capacity), offers flat or stand-up pouches; pre-made or form, fill and seal; multiple customization options, easy-open or linear tear; high-performance retort; handles; shaped; various finishes; clear or foil;
- NO.2 POUCH, a PRO-POUCH product made of recyclable HDPE (3 oz.+), qualified to SPI number 2 classification; approved for post-consumer recycling; clear or white opaque; three side seal options; flat or stand-up with bottom gusset; reclose zipper options.
“We are paying close attention to trends,” Grose continued. “We are meeting rising consumer demand for smaller packages; preferences for premium and super-premium pet food and the packaging that goes along with this; the Millennial Generation’s affinity for pet ownership—76% of them— expressing a ‘pets over people’ attitude; as well as the march for e-commerce purchasing which creates demand for lighter, stronger packaging that minimizes material usage.”