“We’re seeing a significant shift in our coast-to-coast customer base from traditional to more specific markets, such as nationwide retail and restaurant organizations as well as trading card suppliers and the beverage industry,” said Taylor White, CEO of the 200 employee Dallas-based firm. “It’s a very competitive market but with the installation of our new Koenig & Bauer press, we’ll be equipped to answer our clients’ demands and realize their designer’s dreams.”
Performance POP’s client roster is a who’s who of the leading names in the retail market. It is tasked with producing attention-grabbing point-of-purchase (POP) displays for retail or on-premise and off-premise promotions, eye-popping printed 3D or motion graphics, UV printing on both plastics and paper, metallic substrates, inline aqueous and UV coatings, and innovative dimensional print and display solutions and a wide array of in-house finishing capabilities.
The firm produces 60% of its work on offset presses with the remaining 40% on digital and screen presses. Its work can be prominently seen in the aisles of beer, wine, and liquor stores, leading retail shops, and other major venues.
By inking the contract for its new Koenig & Bauer Rapida 106 press, Performance POP is signaling its intention to “up the ante” and boost its speed, efficiency, and flexibility as well as broaden its special effects capabilities such as metallic 3D, lenticular, water activated ink, temperature sensitive ink, scented ink, liquid coating and red reveal.
“We’re equipping the press with the latest 2018 systems such as the QualiTronic Measuring system, which will provide precise color control measurement of each sheet, together with FAPC Full Automatic Plate Changing, parallel washing and make ready features, and smart automated logistics,” White said.
White began his partnership with KBA North America in 2014 when he purchased a Koenig & Bauer Genius 52UV small format press, which is still a key production member for its short-run, quick turnaround jobs primarily on plastic substrates.