The new HP PageWide XL 5100 and HP PageWide XL 6000 printers and multifunction printers strengthen the fastest printer portfolio in the market to equip enterprise print rooms, central reprographic departments and reprographic houses for enhanced mid-volume production in both color and monochrome.
At speeds up to 24 D/A1-size prints per minute, the series delivers technical documents with quick turnaround and low operating costs for architects and engineers, in addition to geographic information system (GIS) maps and point-of-sale (POS) poster applications.
In its first-ever product demonstration at AU (Booth #A517), the HP PageWide XL 6000 Multifunction Printer is producing prints of HP Mars Home Planet Concept Phase submissions.
HP Mars Home Planet is a universe changing global effort to unite engineers, architects, designers, artists and students to imagine, design and experience life in an urban area for 1 million people on Mars. Participants are using Autodesk software to conceptualize, model and render images of future life on Mars. The winning designs will be printed and displayed during the show. Additionally, HP will showcase its latest workstations – the HP Z8, the most powerful PC on the planet, and the HP ZBook x2, the world’s most powerful and first detachable PC workstation.
“The debut of new HP PageWide XL printers is another giant leap on the HP journey to offer continued innovation in large format printing for the designers of the future,” said Guayente Sanmartín, GM and global head, HP Large Format Design Printing. “The breakthrough PageWide XL platform with even faster printing speeds will also help our customers move the needle for business with immediate monochrome and color prints delivered from one unique printer.”
With more than 5,000 units shipped and 3 billion ft² (300 million m2) printed since the HP PageWide XL printer launch in 2015, more customers are discovering the value the market-leading HP PageWide XL printers bring to businesses worldwide. HP PageWide XL printers do the job of two printers in a single device, providing both monochrome and color prints at breakthrough speeds: the Power of One.
The HP PageWide XL 5100 prints at speeds up to 20 D/A1 pages per minute with quick 28-second first page out, and the HP PageWide XL 6000 at 24 D/A1 size pages per minute with a 25-second first page out. The printers produce outstanding print quality, and are also available in multifunction configuration with copying and scanning for collaboration. Additional benefits include:
- Set a new technical document standard with crisp lines, 2-point text, smooth grayscales, and vibrant color.
- Print/scan/copy in monochrome and color with one single device in 50% of the time with a consolidated workflow.
- New advanced functionality for the integrated scanners such as smart background removal.
- ISO 11798 certified HP PageWide XL pigment inks provide long-term storage, light/water resistance.
- Help keep data safe—self-encrypting HDD with AES-256, Secure Disk Erase, and IPSec.
HP is also now offering increased productivity for the HP PageWide XL portfolio with new software solutions. HP SmartStream offers two new modules. Document Organizer lets the user automatically rename large volumes of files using innovative OCR technology, for saving time in job management. Using job pixel coverage, Pixel Analysis provides accurate quotes before printing. HP SmartTracker helps users control printing costs and enable reimbursement.
HP is also introducing new features for HP HD & SD Pro Scanners to improve operator productivity, image quality and background cleaning capabilities. A new output tray streamlines both the scan and copy workflows.
Additional printers in the HP PageWide XL portfolio include:
- The HP PageWide XL 8000 Printer offering high-end production printing at revolutionary speeds up to 30 D/A1-size prints per minute as well as two 775 milliliter ink cartridges per color with automatic switching and up to six rolls – more than 3,900 feet (1,200 meters) – of media for sustained productivity.
- The HP PageWide XL 4500 Printer and MFP enabling cost- and security-conscious technical work teams of architects and engineers, to securely print up to 12 D/A1-size prints per minute at in-house print corners.
- The HP PageWide XL 4000 Printer and MFP allowing technical work teams and copy shops to produce 8 D/A1-size prints per minute, helping teams increase on-the-job productivity.
Photo courtesy Flickr user Don DeBold