“Mike and H.C. are both highly effective, accomplished leaders with proven track records of delivering strong results, building businesses and developing future leaders,” said Thulin. “Each has extensive experience leading multiple 3M global business units, geographic regions and critical functional areas, and both have been instrumental in leveraging the 3M Playbook to create sustainable value for our customers and shareholders.”
In his new role, Roman will have direct responsibility for 3M’s five business groups, along with the company’s International Operations. He most recently served as EVP of 3M’s largest business, Industrial Business Group. Prior to that role, Roman was SVP, strategy and business development.
Shin will lead critical global functional teams including Research & Development, Strategy and Business Development, Supply Chain Operations and Information Technology. Business Transformation, which is enabling 3M to serve customers with even greater agility and efficiency, will also be part of his responsibilities. Since 2011, Shin has served as 3M’s EVP, International Operations. Prior to this, he was EVP, Industrial Business Group.
3M also announced that the Board of Directors waived the mandatory retirement age of 65 years for Thulin.
Other leadership changes announced today, effective July 1, 2017, include the following:
• James Bauman, currently EVP, Electronics & Energy Business Group, is appointed EVP, Industrial Business Group.
• Julie Bushman, currently SVP, Business Transformation & Information Technology, is appointed EVP, International Operations.
• Eric Hammes, currently VP, corporate controller and chief accounting officer, is appointed SVP, Business Transformation & Information Technology.
• Dr. Ashish Khandpur, currently SVP, Research & Development and chief technology officer, is appointed EVP, Electronics & Energy Business Group.
• Dr. John Banovetz, currently managing director, DACH region (combined Germany, Austria, Switzerland), is appointed SVP, Research & Development and CTO.
“3M has a deep bench of highly capable leaders who inspire our people to achieve even greater success each and every day,” said Thulin. “I have the utmost confidence in our ability to continue building strength on strength and making 3M an even more competitive enterprise.”