Mondi partners with customers from the food industry to develop smarter packaging solutions that reduce and prevent food loss and waste. Together with suppliers, customers, research institutes and experts from the Mondi E&I Food Safety Laboratory, Mondi has identified four ways in which packaging products can reduce food waste:
• Reducing food damage in transit/storage through improved and fit-for-purpose packaging.
• Extending shelf and product life with innovative technologies and materials.
• Adapting packaging design to evolving socio-demographics.
• Achieving packaging traceability for better inventory management that reduces food spoilage.
At interpack, Mondi will offer numerous examples of packaging solutions that contribute to food safety and reduce food waste along the entire value chain. These are just a few of them:
• Virgin fibre speciality kraft paper grades like Advantage Smooth White for attractive, functional and certified food packaging specially designed to protect sensitive goods and make them stand out on supermarket shelves. The paper grade is ideally suited for sugar bags and other sensitive food packaging applications.
• ProVantage Kraftliner Aqua, a containerboard grade that stands up to high humidity environments, hot temperatures and cold storage. Even with no paraffin coating, ProVantage Kraftliner Aqua protects fresh fruits and vegetables from harsh conditions.
• Highprotex, a liner that has all the necessary barriers to protect the packed foodstuff.
• FlexziBox, reclosable plastic bags with various features and single serve stand-up pouches, making meal preparation more convenient for consumers and reducing food waste.
• High-barrier consumer films with outstanding aroma protection and high oxygen barrier properties, offered as a good solution for food packaging.
• Industrial bags are also suitable for sensitive food packaging equipped with RFID tags for full traceability along the supply chain.
MORE NEWS xxx