Among the products Proell will showcase include:
• Norilux DC, a formable, abrasion resistant Dual Cure screen printing lacquer. Norilux DC can be used as protective lacquer or hard coat on PC, PMMA, ABS and PP films. Norilux DC is ideally suited for first surface coating/protection of products manufactured in IMD/FIM technology.
The glossy version of the dual cure lacquer can be printed on textured film surfaces to produce abrasion resistant and transparent display windows. The matt version of Norilux DC can be printed on uncured transparent hard coat films such as Makrofol HF 278 or 312 to create matt and high gloss effects in one item. Besides the high glossy Norilux DC lacquer, various satin gloss, textured and matt grades as well as pigmented and UV stabilized versions are available.
Tactile surface structures e.g. brush effects and 3D patterns can be printed with the highly resistant lacquer. The lacquer can be used for overprinting silicone-free UV, solvent and water-based screenprinting inks as well. Norilux DC dries by evaporation of the solvents in jet dryers.
Films decorated with Norilux DC can be 3D formed after box oven drying e.g. by high pressure forming or thermo forming.Afterwards, the formed films must be UV cured.
The cured lacquer layer shows excellent resistances to abrasion, chemicals and cleaning agents and passes various creme tests of the automobile industry. In automotive interior, center stacks, touch panels and decorative trims are first surface protected with Norilux DC. Even mobile phone covers and sanitary panels are overprinted with the highly resistant lacquer.
• NORIPHAN XMR screen inks for IMD/FIM technology are a new halogen-free two-component ink system for IMD/FIM technology. NORIPHAN XMR is formable, shows extremely high wash-out resistance and outstanding cohesion in compound. The mild screen ink can be used as decorating ink or wash-out protective layer on PC films and PET films.
• NoriPress PP is a new adhesion promoter for IMD/FIM technology (Film Insert Molding), which makes back molding of second surface screen printed polypropylene films with polypropylene injection molding material possible.
Automotive decorative parts and panels as well as motocycle fairings and tool housings can be produced in durable quality by using the PP IMD/FIM process.
• NoriCure CCI is a new UV-curing and laminable screen printing ink developed for the manufacture of plastic cards. The ink is suitable for printing on PVC and PETG core films. NoriCure® CCI shows excellent laminating properties and good peel strength with PVC overlay films at temperatures greater than 140°C (284°F). Various color shades, metallic and effect colors are available from stock.
• Tampo-Jet GMI is a two-component pad printing ink developed for printing on glass and metals. After stoving, the printed ink film achieves outstanding resistances to chemicals and abrasion. Tampo-Jet GMI shows good printing properties and can be used for decorating perfume flacons and stainless steel products.
• Matt Lacquer ATM WB 6 is an amended water-based, UV-stabilized and formable matt lacquer system for overprinting polycarbonate film instrument gauges (speedometer panels).