In the world’s largest single demonstration of digital printers and presses, HP’s historic showcase in Hall 17, as well as strong customer adoption across all segments and regions, helped establish digital printing as mainstream and solidified HP’s position as the industry’s digital leader.
“HP experienced its best attended drupa ever with sales far exceeding expectations, achieving 150% of our sales goal,” said Francois Martin, worldwide marketing head, HP Graphics Solutions Business, HP Inc. “What’s more, packaging revealed itself as a major trend and I’m proud to say that HP was in front of the curve with a complete packaging line-up and with the unveiling of a new post-print solution and strategic collaboration with packaging giant Smurfit Kappa.”
130+ HP Indigo 10000 series digital presses sold in two-week span
The next generation of the world’s best-selling B2-format digital press is expanding commercial printers’ possibilities worldwide, with more than 130 HP Indigo 10000 series Digital Presses sold during drupa 2016 across multiple countries. HP closed massive deals with Shutterfly, the leading manufacturer and digital retailer of high-quality personalized products and services, and Cimpress, the world leader in mass customization and HP Indigo’s largest customer globally, for fleets of HP Indigo 12000 Digital Presses.
Among others, customers who signed deals for HP Indigo 12000 Digital Presses at drupa include:
• Rotolito Lombarda, one of Europe’s largest private printers.
• Truyol, a leading Spain-based print provider.
• Pureprint, a UK-based print provider and one of the original HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press beta customers.
• Precision Printing, a UK-based print provider using multiple HP Indigo 10000 Digital Presses to produce pocket folders, six-page brochures, posters and lay-flat books.
• PageWorks, a US-based print provider with 60 years of experience providing digital, print and communication solutions.
• MonAlbumPhoto, a France-based print provider specializing in the printing and finishing of printed books, pictures, posters, paintings, calendars and cards.
Major HP PageWide Web Press deals were closed at drupa 2016, including a strategic deal with Kadokawa for the HP PageWide Web Press T490M HD, as well as the recently announced HP Indigo 50000 Digital Press, to power its industry-leading digital book production platform.
Elanders Group also selected an HP PageWide Web Press T240 HD, along with two HP Indigo 7900 Digital Presses and two HP Indigo 12000 Digital Presses. HP PageWide Web Press T490 HD deals were also signed with UK-based G.I. Solutions and Latvia-based Livonia Print, among others.
In addition to onsite drupa activities, HP also hosted nearly 100 corrugated packaging converters for VIP demonstrations of the HP PageWide T1100S Press at KBA’s factory in Wurzburg, Germany. In these demonstrations, converters witnessed the T1100S printing full-speed color on packaging liner at 30,600 square meters per hour.
The HP Indigo 20000 and HP Indigo 30000 Digital Presses were also in high demand at drupa 2016, achieving double-digit sales to reinvent packaging production worldwide in new countries:
• ePac, a joint venture of Emerald Packaging, purchased three HP Indigo 20000s to drive their digital flexible packaging business.
• Nosco Inc., a Waukegan, IL-based print provider, invested in a second HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press.
• Hucais Printing International Co. Limited purchased the first three HP Indigo 30000 Digital Presses in China to expand packaging innovation.
• Farmografica purchased the first HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press in Argentina.
• B2Pack, a Spain-based company with 30 years of printing history, purchased the first HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press with Corona in Europe to print on plastics.
• colordruck W. Mack GmbH & Co. KG, based in Baiersbronn, Germany, purchased an HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press to address demand for short-run packaging.
Additionally, the HP Indigo 8000 Digital Press surpassed sales expectations just two months after its unveiling, with multiple customers selecting the technology to boost productivity and efficiently manage long, demanding label jobs. Early HP Indigo 8000 Digital Press adopters include:
• Century Label, a US-based company with more than 30 years of award-winning customized printing.
• Industria Grafica Eurostampa S.p.A., a family-owned business in operation for 50 years, producing 50 million top-quality labels daily.
• Harkwell Labels Ltd., a U.K.-based company, providing custom printed and self-adhesive digital labels and stickers.
• MegaFlex A/S, a Netherlands-based staffing company.
• RAKO-Etiketten GmbH & Co., one of the largest manufacturers of adhesive labels and flexible packaging materials.
• StrongPoint, a Sweden-based converter, delivering labels solutions to a wide variety of verticals and industries.