The new subsidiary, Toyo Ink Mexico S.A. de C.V., was established in November 2015 as a base for supplying custom colorants to the growing packaging, consumer and automotive markets throughout Mexico and neighboring countries. It is slated to commence production in April 2016. Toyo Ink SC Holdings owns a 60% stake in Toyo Ink Mexico; the remaining 40% stake is held by LioChem.
The demand for masterbatch, an essential material for adding color and function to plastics found in packaging, containers and automotive interiors/exteriors, has been on the rise in keeping with Mexico’s growing manufacturing sector. The Toyo Ink Group considers Guadalajara the ideal location from which it can meet the growing demand for masterbatch in the surrounding areas and throughout the Bajio region.
“This expansion demonstrates our commitment to the region and the plastic colorants sector,” stated John Easley, the inaugural president of Toyo Ink Mexico and former production manager of LioChem’s plastic colorants division. “Backed by a global supply chain and support network, and our unique technological knowhow, the new facility will give us the additional capacity and capability to service and supply our customers throughout the Americas with greater speed and flexibility.”
Once completed, the facility located in the state of Jalisco, will be Toyo Ink Group’s second plastic colorant manufacturing base in North America—thirteenth overall spanning 11 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia, including Japan and India. The new facility will house state-of-the-art processing lines, a color matching and applications development center, warehouse and administrative offices. The plant’s highly efficient production system is to manufacture the Group’s proven LioplaxTM series of high-performance plastic colorants for blow, extrusion and high-speed injection molding applications.
Toyo Ink Mexico is situated at Paseo de los Adobes No. 1081 #2, Fraccionamiento Guadalajara Technology Park, C.P. 45010 Zapopan, Jalisco.