• Chairman of the board – Bradley Thompson II, Inland Press, Detroit, MI: Thompson is the immediate past chairman of the Government Affairs and Labor Policy Committee of PIA and a former chairman of Printing Industries of Michigan. Thompson is a fifth-generation printer and past recipient of the Ben Franklin Printer of the Year award from Printing Industries of Michigan.
• First vice chairman – Curt Kreisler, Gold Star Printers, N. Miami Beach, FL: Kreisler has served on PIA’s board of directors since 2009. He is currently the Association Relations Committee Chairman and a member of its Finance and Investment Committees. Kreisler has also been active with his local association, Printing Association of Florida. He also served seven years as a past Board member for the National Association of Quick Printers and as its chairman of the board from 2001 to 2002.
• Second vice chairman – Bryan Hall, Graphic Visual Solutions, Greensboro, NC: Hall served on Printing Industries of America’s board of directors for a number of years as chairman of the Education Committee and as a member of the Finance Committee. He also served on the board of directors of his local affiliate—Printing Industry of the Carolinas—for nearly 10 years. Hall is CEO of Graphic Visual Solutions, one of North Carolina’s top printers.
• Secretary to the board/treasurer—Michael Wurst, Henry Wurst Inc., Kansas City, MO: Wurst has served many years as a PIA Association Relations Committee member. Wurst is also actively involved in his local affiliate, Printing & Imaging Association of MidAmerica, serving on the Executive Committee for four years, including one year as chair. He is the CEO of Henry Wurst Inc., a 75-year-old family-owned commercial printing company.
• Immediate past chair – David Olberding, Phototype, Columbus, OH: Olberding was appointed as the association representative to PIA in 2006. He has served PIA as chairman of the board, first vice chairman, second vice chairman, executive finance committee member, secretary to the board and as Marketing Committee chairman. He served as chairman of the board, treasurer and chair of the Education Committee of Printing Industries of Ohio and Northern Kentucky. Olberding served on the Board for International Prepress Association (IPA) and is a former president of the Southwest Prepress Association. He is also a former Chairman of the Photograph Committee of the Flexographic Technical Association.
Also joining the board of directors in 2016 are: Peter Jacobson, Daily Printing, representing Printing Industry Midwest; Timothy Suraud, Print Media Association, representing the affiliate managers; Adam Avrick, Design Distributors, representing Printing Industries Alliance; David Wigfield, Xerox, representing the vendor community; Richard Kouwenhoven, Hemlock Printers, representing BCPIA; Norm Pegram, representing Printing Industries of the Gulf Coast; Justin Pallis, DS Graphics, representing PINE; and David Potje, Twin City Dwyer Printing, representing OPIA.