With this reseller agreement, Ricoh continues to expand its hardware and software offerings for graphic communications providers interested in growing or creating a wide-format printing business. Mimaki JFX200-2513 and JFX500-2131 printers are designed to address a variety of wide-format needs, including applications such as interior decor, indoor display panels and outdoor signs. These printers are able to print on glass, metal and more.
“Ricoh is an industry leader in digital production print, with a talented and vast group of specialists who know the market and help their customers grow their business,” said Ken VanHorn, director, Marketing and Business Development, Mimaki USA. “At Mimaki, we pride ourselves on delivering solutions that help customers achieve their desired results affordably and effectively. Teaming with Ricoh will help us do just that, more broadly and more quickly.”
The Mimaki wide-format flatbed printers provide high quality color and larger output at an affordable price. As the demand for wide-format printers has increased, Ricoh has worked to offer its customers printers appropriate for their changing needs and the evolving application trends.
Both the JFX200-2513 and JFX500-2131 models use abrasion-resistant UV inks that are durable in both indoor and outdoor conditions. Mimaki wide-format flatbed printers feature a long-life, energy-saving UV-LED curing unit that can help printers avoid time- and energy-cost sinks typically caused by longer warm-up and cool-down periods.
“Our customers are used to best-in-class digital production print solutions from Ricoh, and the addition of the Mimaki wide-format flatbed printers will further enable our clients to expand into the wide format flatbed business at an affordable price point,” said John Fulena, VP, Production Print Business Group, Ricoh Americas Corporation.
At the ISA International Sign Expo 2015, Ricoh will highlight key features of the JFX200-2513 flatbed printer, including:
• Two-layer print function - capable of printing separate layers of both white and CYMK color allows for faster printing on clear and transparent substrates.
• Vacuum table unit - easily controlled with on/off switches located in the front area of the printer.
• Bulk ink supply system - with Mimaki’s newly developed ink supply system, 1-liter bottles of UV ink are easily and quickly inserted and removed from the front of the printer. The system accommodates up to eight bottles of ink for CMYKx2 or CMYK+W+C and UV Primer ink.
• Direct to media/substrate printing - able to handle all types of media and substrates including acrylics, foam board, corrugated plastics, metal - almost any media up to 1.9” thick.
• Low power, long life UV-LED curing lamps - ideal for printing on media that is vulnerable to thermal deformation or color change due to the lamps’ reduced heat output.