During its September meeting, the Chicago Printing Ink Production Club (CPIPC) honored its past leaders by hosting Past President Night, in which eight former presidents gathered. Also on hand for the evening was Bill Anderson of Calumet, who gave a presentation.
On hand for the meeting were eight former club presidents: (the companies they were with when they served as president are listed):
• Bruce McIntosh (1974): Alden and Ott Printing Ink (retired)
• Dean Roeing (1989): Croda Inks (now an independent consultant)
• Don McNeil (1985): Graphic Color (now with Laser Technology Group)
• Doug Anderson (1998): Central Ink
• Richard Small (2002): BD Industrial Chemical
• Luigi Ribaudo (2007): Sun Chemical Corporation
• John Sergeant (2010): Modern Printing Colors
• Jim Richert (2011): Wikoff Color Corp.
Mr. Ribaudo said that it is a testament to the people who have led the CPIPC that they are still active in the club.
“While we have several past presidents who regularly attend the monthly meetings, I was pleasantly surprised to so many other past presidents,” Mr. Ribaudo said. “When you have people who started serving on the CPIPC Board all the way back to 1970 and they still show up to support the club’s activities, it speaks volumes towards why the CPIPC is still alive and well.”