The primary job responsibilities involve device printing and testing, ink formulation, as well as device characterization. Fulfillment of the primary job responsibilities requires participation in DfSS activities such as Design of Experiments or statistical testing. The work is performed under the direction of the EM Project leader. The Lab Technician II works independently to achieve project goals as well as in close collaboration and in support of other EM chemists and scientists. The EM products supported by this position could include masking (resist), conductive, dielectric, resistor and semiconductors inks for print electronic, photovoltaic cells, devices and printed circuit applications.
• Ink formulation, processing, and printing.
• Develop experimental plans, test and characterization methods.
• Device fabrication & testing, photovoltaic cells and printing electronic application demonstrations.
• Documentation of assigned projects and hours in Lab notebook using established best practices.
• Summarizes data in reports and/or presentations at regular intervals. Develops, writes and follows standard operating procedures/work instructions/test methods.
• Ensure all ISO requirements, SOP, safety and chemical hygiene plan are met, and produce the necessary documentation to maintain compliance.
• Develop product datasheets, processing guidelines and technical reports. Collaborates with the regulatory group to produce product MSDS.
• Methodical experimenter
• Motivated to learn new concepts, techniques and practices
• Rigorously follows EH&S and SOP
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• Good oral, writing, reporting and presentation skills
• Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team
• Good analytical / problem solving skills
• Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point)
AAS technical degree in Chemistry, Engineering or a related field with 5 years lab or equivalent work experience. Candidates must have proven experience in a chemical, analytical, or biological lab environment and hands-on experience of at least 6 months with Electronic Materials products, formulation and/or testing.
David Benson - firstname.lastname@example.org