“We can help printers overcome an increasing array of challenges, energy costs and environmental issues for example, along with the ever-present client demands,” noted Rick Clendenning, INX president and CEO. “In our booth, they can learn the latest on enhanced, performance-proven inks and new replenishable-resource formulations, plus waste-reducing systems that directly impact their bottom line.”
INX specialists will conduct demonstrations and discuss featured products, including:
• New EcoTech process colors will be introduced at Graph Expo: Extremely environmentally friendly, they are very low in petroleum solvents/VOCs (less than 3 percent by weight) and rich in renewable vegetable oils (more than 45 percent). They deliver superb dot sharpness and press stability, with fast set and dry times. These “stay-open” inks reduce waste and wash-ups, can be left in the fountain overnight and are an ideal match for aqueous coating or OP varnishing in-line, and foil stamping or UV coating after 48-72 hours.
• New EcoPure HPJ Soy process inks: Even more environmentally friendly than EcoPure HPJ, printers can use the Soy Seal with these premium quality inks that come up to color quickly on-press, reducing waste. Printers will experience superior ink transfer, high trap percentages and fast set times, and can expect excellent performance with FM or conventional screening.
• Fusion UV Hybrid Process Inks: Fusion enables printers to go from conventional into hybrid runs without reconfiguring presses or conditioning rollers. These environmentally friendly inks deliver dot sharpness, color balance and press stability. Comparable to the best conventional litho inks, they offer exceptional adhesion to multiple substrates including styrene and PVC. Fusion is formulated to be VOC-free and qualifies for the Soy Seal.
• INXCure UVXcel high-performance inks are used for a range of general commercial print applications, offer superb dot sharpness, color consistency and running stability with UV ease and speed. Formulated VOC-free, they are UV or aqueous coatable.
• Advanced and enhanced, performance-proven ColorTrac offset inks: Offset printers can catch up on the latest in INX dominant ColorTrac series, including ColorTrac SS, specially formulated for fine-line random dot screening on high-end catalogue and similar applications. It delivers deep, brilliant color tone with low dot gain and excellent color balance. All ColorTrac series inks minimize waste with short make-readies, reduce the number of wash-ups, and come up to color on-press fast.
ColorTrac Lo-Temp UVC Process Inks provide excellent drying at reduced temperatures and are ideal for short-oven presses. Printers can expect a potential energy savings of 15-20 percent depending on actual press conditions. They are formulated to run on medium and higher weight coated, uncoated and matte stocks, or even heavier substrates that blister at the higher drying temperatures needed for conventional inks. It has excellent rub resistance with gloss and is a superb choice for inserts and covers.
• New SPEC RTP3000 automated paste ink dispenser: This small-batch system provides precise color blends in minutes with unexcelled batch-to-batch consistency, using standard quick-change Sonoco-type cartridges. Along with time savings from in-house prep, the system helps eliminate excess ink inventory.