Faced with continued volatility in the global supply chain and increases in the costs of certain raw materials, Sun Chemical will raise prices on June 1, 2012 in the U.S. and Canada by at least:
• 4 percent for all screen products.
• 7 percent for all white inks.
• 3 percent for all non-white liquid products.
• 3 percent for all energy curable products.
• $0.04 per pound on all coldset products.
“We have seen unrelenting cost increases for raw materials such as water-based acrylics, energy curing resins, distillates, ink oils and titanium dioxide, which has another price increase announced for July 1st,” said Charles Murray, president of North American Inks, Sun Chemical. “While we continue to work closely with our supply chain partners to deliver products with the highest-possible value and enhanced competitive edge for our customers, we simply cannot offset the drastic raw material price increases this year across all our product lines.”