The market has asked for coatings that will provide value-added attributes – innovative products that bring increased productivity and lower maintenance, print solutions that are sustainable and technology that is safe for handling and safe for the environment. Flint Group has responded with a new line of UV flexo coatings for UV LED curing under the EkoCure brand name.
Flint Group’s EkoCure Coatings are developed using specially selected raw materials that match the narrow and targeted wavelength area that is typical for UV LED lamp output, and are the first commercially available UV LED coatings available in the market.
The main advantages with UV LED can be summarized as economical and ecological:
• Economic benefits: Quality assuredness brings increased productivity and press uptime; energy costs will be significantly reduced; expanded capability to run heat sensitive materials with less heat management costs.
• Ecological benefits – Energy will be saved and UV LED lamps are ozone- and mercury-free. Printers can realized improved worker and environmental safety.
Printers looking for low maintenance lamps need to consider UV LED technology. UV LED lamps are nearly maintenance free with no mercury bulb replacement and disposal costs
The range of EkoCure UV flexo coatings available include:
• Gloss Coating
• Matte Coating
• Product Resistant Coating
• Low COF Shrink Coating
• Cast and Cure Coating
• Rotary Screen Tactile Coating
• Primer Coating for non-topcoated films
• Primer Coating for various shrink films
• Non-Yellowing Coating
• Coatings with or without optical brighteners.
Flint Group Narrow Web Commercializes a Range of EkoCure UV LED Coatings