Flexographic Technical Association (FTA) has announced the launch of a new, interactive online course based on its Flexography 101 booklet series. The course, Ink Handling and Maintenance, provides learners with a complete understanding of the different flexographic ink types and their properties, the proper handling and maintenance, drying and curing systems, as well as the correct clean up techniques. Additionally, the course covers the many after print tests that can be performed to help ensure the quality of the printed product meets customer expectations.
“As the medium that transfers an image from plate to substrate, ink is a critical component to the flexographic printing process,” said Bjorn Knutson, manager of certification and technical services. “This course is perfect for anyone looking to obtain a firm understanding of ink and its proper application for high quality and color accurate print results.”
The 30-40 minute, self-paced course is $80 for FTA members and $160 for non-members and includes a complimentary copy of the Flexography 101 booklet, Ink Handling & Maintenance.
Seven modules explore the following topics:
· History of ink
· Ink systems
· Ink types and classes
· Ink characteristics and composition
· Ink prep
· Ink transfer
· Curing and drying systems
· After print testing
· Clean up and disposal of hazardous materials
Ink Handling and Maintenance is ideal for new hires, entry-level flexographers, sales and marketing personnel, students, educators and those wanting a refresher. At the conclusion there is a 20 question “Check For Understanding” quiz. Once completed, a digital Certificate of Completion is issued by FTA.
FTA Launches Online Ink Handling and Maintenance Course
Published June 27, 2014
Related Breaking News
- Sun Chemical Introduces Packaging Solutions that Comply with Strict Regulations at ExpoPrint 2014
- Sun Chemical Displays Solutions for Commercial, Publication Printers at ExpoPrint 2014
- Sun Chemical Shows Products to Help Packaging Stand Out on Store Shelves during ExpoPrint 2014
- Sun Chemical Performance Pigments to Increase Prices on Azo/Specialty Pigments and Preparations
Related Online Exclusives