MGI Digital Graphic Technology announced that it will preview five new digital solutions during their press conference at the IPEX 2014 Tradeshow in London.
• The Meteor DP8700 XL+: The fifth generation of Meteor Series digital press, the Meteor DP8700 XL+ builds on a very successful and reliable product series that is known for its flexibility in substrate compatibility and format sizing. The newest member to the Meteor family of digital presses, the Meteor DP8700 XL+ will bring a sizeable upgrade in quality, format sizing, thicknesses and more.
• The DF Pro: The DF Pro is a high-speed inline industrial finishing unit, designed to keep pace with the high production speeds of the Meteor Series, and offer commercial printers a creative finishing option for their Meteor Press.
• JETvarnish 3D Evolution T Options: The world’s fastest digital spot UV coater just got more powerful with new field upgradeable options, allowing for either the doubling (T2) or the tripling (T3) of production speeds and the ability to digitally emboss up to 300 microns in one pass on formats up to 52x105cm (20x40’’). The JETvarnish 3D can do both digitally embossed 3D effects as well as traditional flat spot UV in one pass.
• The iFOIL” iFOIL, allows JETvarnish 3D users to produce in-line both flat and digitally embossed hot foiling. Gold, silver, metallic, holographic and most other market-available foils are compatible. The iFOIL and JETvarnish require no plates, no dies and no make ready due to a fully digital process.
• The JETvarnish 3DS: The newest addition to the JETvarnish Digital Spot UV Coating line, MGI announced the first achievement of its strategic alliance with Konica Minolta with the JETvarnish 3DS. A product developed by MGI exclusively for the Konica Minolta sales network, the third generation JETvarnish has all the tactile effects and advantages of the original JETvarnish 3D with only half the size.