FINAT, the international association for the self-adhesive label industry, announces its 2014 labelling events. Learning and networking are key aspects of the industry. A number of important gatherings is being organized this year. The program gives members the opportunity to meet with peers, clients, press and other industry related contacts, get informed and exchange information.
These events include:
• Technical Seminar, March 5-7, 2014, Barcelona, Spain: “Redesigning the label.” This will include reviewing the current technology and market for self-adhesive labels, as well as the latest trends regarding raw materials, label construction, printing, converting and applications for self-adhesive labels. The one-and-a-half day seminar, with simultaneous translation into French, German and Spanish, is aimed at all levels of the technical community. Presentations will be delivered by industry experts, who will offer practical advice to help delegates make their own infrastructures more efficient, productive and profitable.
• Congress Logo Competition: As every year FINAT has issued a design competition for its annual congress logo at graphic arts students in France. The winner(s) will be honored during the FINAT congress.
• Industry Trends Report: FINAT will release the first edition of its half-yearly Industry Trends Report in April.
• FINAT Congress, June 5-7, 2014, Monte Carlo, Monaco. This year’s congress will carry as its theme “The Battle for Shelf Appeal - Winning Strategies for the Label Industry.” The theme was inspired by supermarket visits by members from FINAT in their search for new ideas and innovative product decoration concepts. They found that the battle for what a major end-user calls the “moment of truth” to catch the eye of the consumer increasingly also translates into a battle for the most attractive yet cost effective product decoration solution.
• FINAT Label Competition: FINAT welcomes all 2014 FINAT Label Competition entries as of now. Deadline: March 7.
• FINAT Recycling Award: a new Recycling Award will be launched soon.
FINAT Technical Handbook 9th edition: A revised and embellished edition of the test methods manual is scheduled to appear in the first quarter of 2014. In addition to the more accurate full coloured pictures and schematics, the handbook will in the future also contain links to videos showing how the relevant test method is performed.