Eleven industry leaders were formally inducted into the Ben Franklin Honor Society of Printing Industries of America at a black-tie induction and awards ceremony Nov. 15, 2013, at Printing Industries’ Fall Administrative Meetings held in Chicago, IL.
Among the honorees are Don P. Duncan, Ph.D., director of research, Wikoff Color Corporation. Dr. Duncan is a native of Texas and received his bachelor’s degree in chemistry from North Texas State University. He then went to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he received his Ph.D. in organic chemistry. He is the holder of two U.S. patents, the author of more than 30 technical papers, a frequent author in graphic arts industry trade journals, and a presenter in graphic arts related conferences.
Dr. Duncan is the current president of both TAGA and RadTech, an association dedicated to the advancement of ultraviolet and electron beam technology for the printing industry, where he also serves as the co-chair of the Printing and Packaging Committee. He is an active member of FTS, TAPPI, ASTM and the American Chemical Society. He also served on the board of the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership.
He is well known and respected in the industry, regarded as an invaluable resource and willing to share his technical/chemical knowledge, as well as his time, for the benefit of the printing industry. It has been said that Dr. Duncan has a unique ability to process complex technical information and offer easy-to-understand explanations.
The other honorees are:
• Kenneth Bittner, president and CEO, Diversified Printers, Inc. LaMirada, CA.
• Roger Buck, CDC, marketing director, The Flesh Company, St. Louis, MO.
• Norvin Hagan, owner, Geographics, Atlanta, GA
• John Jaymont, business development director, Southern Region of Printing Industries of Ohio and Northern Kentucky.
• Laura Lawton-Forsyth, president, Lawton Printing, Inc., and File E-Z Folder, both located in Spokane, WA.
• Dennis E. Mason, Mason Consulting Inc., IL.
• Edward McLamb The McLamb Group, Inc., Charlotte, NC.
• Mark Michelson, editor-in-chief, Printing Impressions Magazine.
• Richard Sevigny, owner, Chromatic, Inc., Los Angeles, CA.
• Debbie Simpson, president, Multi-Craft, Newport, KY.
The Ben Franklin Honor Society of Printing Industries of America recognizes and honors industry leaders who have made lasting contributions to advancing the printing and graphic communications industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Printing Industries of America and its affiliates and the Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation (PGSF).