FUJIFILM North America Corporation, Graphic Systems Division today announced that its new Fujifilm Waterbase FLEXO Inks for Paper and Film Substrates were exhibited for the first time ever at booth 5621 at Labelexpo Americas 2012 taking place Sept. 11-13 at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Chicago. This revolutionary new solution for flexographic printing will provide printers with consistent high quality results while reducing labor and variability factors inherent with current water-based flexo inks.
Manufactured at Fujifilm’s Graphic Systems Division facility in Kansas City, MO, the new inks feature many benefits critical for printers, including:
• Pour-and-print – Since there is no need for additives prior to printing, labor and time is reduced and results are more consistent.
• Minimal “on press” adjustments – In comparison to predecessor inks, there is a reduced need for monitoring during printing so results are consistent from start to finish, job to job.
• Low viscosity – Inks are easier to use and ink transfer is improved, delivering brighter, cleaner results.
• Strong color density – Ink mileage is increased and output is improved.
• Fujifilm world-class quality – Performance and color consistency are industry leading top-notch batch to batch.
“The development of the latest technology inks will take the industry the next step forward in performance and value of waterbase flexo printing,” said Jon Fultz, business development manager – packaging, FUJIFILM North America Corp., Graphic Systems Division. “We are very pleased to now be able to offer a full range of both waterbase and UV flexo inks and provide customers with the same quality and reliability of Fujifilm UV flexo inks.”
Fujifilm’s new Waterbase FLEXO Inks for Paper and Film Substrates will be available to U.S. customers in October 2012. Fujifilm’s Graphic Systems Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of flexographic printing solutions including Fujifilm’s FLENEX DLE (Direct Laser Engraving) System for the production of flexo printing plates, Fujifilm UV flexo inks and software and sundry items