• 8% for all water-based inks and varnishes.
• 20% for all water-based and solvent-based inks containing Violet 23.
• 10% for all white water-based inks.
• 8% for all solvent-based color inks.
• 12% for all solvent-based white inks and NC varnishes.
• 8% for all UV, sheetfed and narrow-web inks and UV coatings.
With no stability in the cost, or the supply, of key raw materials used in the manufacture of these inks, Sun Chemical has taken the decision to adjust its prices in order to remain competitive in this segment.
“Materials such as nitro cellulose, titanium dioxide and acrylic acid continue to suffer from a shortage in availability due to increased demand and reduced capacity,” said Felipe Mellado, Sun Chemical’s chief marketing officer. “This unrelenting situation unfortunately necessitates continuous price reviews in order to ensure profitability and efficiency. We continue to work closely with our supply chain partners to look at ways to control costs.”