Effective June 17, 2011, or as contracts allow, BASF will increase list and off-list prices for resins and performance additives by 3-8 percent in North America.
The price increase pertains to only the North American graphic arts, coatings and related markets, and is in addition to previous price increase announcements. This includes, but is not limited to, the following product lines:
• Basonat, Luwipal and Plastopal crosslinkers.
• Chimassorb ultraviolet light (UV) absorbers.
• Darocur, Irgacure and Lucirin photoinitiators.
• Irgafos and Irganox process stabilizers and antioxidants;.
• Irgaguard antimicrobials.
• Irgarol algicides.
• Joncryl acrylic emulsions, polyols, solid resins and solutions.
• Laroflex vinylchloride binders.
• Laromer acrylate resins.
• Laropal aldehyde resins for pigment dispersions.
• Lignostab hindered amine light stabilizers (HALS).
• Luhydran self-crosslinking acrylic emulsions.
• Luron binders.
• Lutonal polyvinylether resins.
• Tinopal optical brighteners.
• Tinuvin UV absorbers and HALS.
This action is necessary as a result of significant increases in energy and raw material costs.