Criteria for judging follows the standard guidelines set by the industry associations FINAT and TLMI and include: registration, smoothness of dot/vignette, overall print quality, and degree of difficulty. In addition, the judges review each label for creative use of inks and color – rewarding those prints that exhibit extraordinary use of inks.
At Labelexpo in Chicago in September 2010, awards were presented in nine different categories – all print submissions using inks, coatings and specialty products supplied by Flint Group Packaging & Narrow Web.
Winners in 2010 included: Baumgarten Grafica Ltda (Brazil), Smyth (USA), Collotype Labels R.S.A. (South Africa), S.E. Industries Inc. (Philippines), Automacao Ind. E. Com. De Rotulos Etiquetas Ltd (Brazil), M&R Graphics (USA), Consolidated Label (USA), Nosco (USA), Label Works (USA), Skanem Skurup (Sweden).
Commenting on the awards, Niklas Olsson, brand manager, Flint Group Packaging & Narrow Web, said “We look forward to the label submissions each year and are proud of the results printers put forth using our products. The entries continue to amaze the judges with the outstanding quality of design and print. We are extremely proud, as an ink supplier, to host these awards each year, and receive great response from our customers.”
The 2011 award winners will be announced at the Print Award Ceremony at the Flint Group booth 5B45 on Thursday, Sept. 29.
The following Entry Guidelines will be applied for the award:
1. Each entry must be printed using inks from Flint Group.
2. Entries can be a commercial label or a promotional label.
3. Entries can be sent in roll or sheet form with no less than 100 of each label – converters will be contacted to verify if rolls can be displayed in the Flint Group booth 5B45.
4. Entries should be received no later than Aug. 1, 2011.
5. Entries should be submitted directly to Flint Group Packaging & Narrow Web.
For more information, please contact Mr. Olsson in Europe at firstname.lastname@example.org or Deanna Whelan in the U.S. at Deanna.email@example.com.