Wacker Chemie AG has successfully concluded its acquisition of full ownership of Air Products Polymers (APP) and Wacker Polymer Systems (WPS), its two joint ventures with Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
The transaction announced in December 2007 has now been cleared by the European and U.S. antitrust authorities.
Wacker’s stake in APP had been 35 percent, with Air Products holding the remaining 65 percent. As for WPS, Wacker held 80 percent and Air Products, 20 percent. Wacker expects APP and WPS to be fully integrated into the group structures by year-end. Wacker is to take over vinyl acetate/ ethylene operations from APP and WPS. Wacker will take full ownership of the two companies’ activities in Allentown, PA; Calvert City, KY; Cologne and Burghausen, Germany; South Brunswick, NJ; and Ulsan, South Korea. Wacker plans to coordinate this business out of the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania.
In return, Air Products is to receive the production facilities at Elkton, MD and Piedmont, SC, as well as related business and a payment of $265 million. Wacker estimates that the acquisition will help boost the Group’s 2008 polymer business to about €1 billion.
Wacker Finalizes Acquisition of Polymer JV
Published March 12, 2008
Related Breaking News
- INX International to Highlight Food Packaging, Special Effects and Digital Printing at PACK EXPO
- EFI Acquires Polymeric Imaging's Thermoforming Ink Technology
- Launch of Gulf Coating Show 2015 Draws Worldwide Response
- HP Unveils Future of 3D Printing, Immersive Computing as Part of Blended Reality Vision
Related Online Exclusives